Friday, March 2, 2012

Flannel Friday ~ In My Nest

Loving Flannel Friday!
In My Nest by Sara Gillingham


Making this flannel board was great fun!  It is a warm, gentle, loving story of a baby bird and her family! I tell the story from the board book In My Nest by Sara Gillingham and slowly layer the pieces on.  I give the children the smaller green leaves - hence, do not ever expect it to look like this in story time!!!  Many thanks again to my colleague Kari Ann.  You can find her amazing work at  mystorytimelife.blogspot.com  She introduced me to this book.

I did create a template for the birds and their wings...will add to the blog on Monday or Tuesday.  Ready for Spring and all that it brings!
P.S.(Piper script): I love bird watching!

 Update: here's my drawing for the big bird and the baby bird.  My birds find a warm safe space to build their nest - yellow circle.  Everything else, (twigs from stiff brown felt, leaves, feathers) was just cut free hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. All comments await moderation before showing in the post.