Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Milk and Cookies

Hello to the world!
aaah...hemm,  HELLO world!
Would you like some milk and cookies?





I don't think I know where to begin this post.  I have been missing the world since November 8th.  Oh, I am here...but I am feeling so very little. Like the little characters in some of my favorite books - The Indian in the Cupboard, The Castle in the Attic.. that is the sort of" little" I am feeling.  Tiny.  I feel like I need to YELL in order to be heard.  This isn't necessarily unfamiliar territory.  I am the #6 child of 7 and as my siblings would tell ...I was barely audible until age twenty something!

Today I will be audible!  I will speak again.  And hopefully the speaking will help the brain make sense.  But then there is that saying my mother always said..."think before you speak"  and  that other one..."if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all"  Hmmm, so now I wonder - back to being in the house of 7 children - was I a slow thinker or was I a kid full of negative thoughts?  Why didn't my words come out?

Well, if the decision were to be made on the observation of the last two months, one would say: "slow thinker"   I have entered 2013 with post concussive syndrome and I don't like it at all.
Yes, this explains why I have not been blogging.

But today I have something to say...I have a plan to help my brain heal and to rejoin the world.  And I have Ann Curry, the journalist, to thank.  Yes, I am about to embark on 26 Acts of Kindness in memory of the victims at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT.  Tomorrow the staff and children of Sandy Hook go back to school and I will mail my letter to Connecticut's Governor Dannel P Malloy thanking him for his leadership, his strength, compassion and kindness during this immensely difficult time.



The first of my 26 Acts of Kindness is done in memory of Dawn Hochsprung, Principal of Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newtown, CT.
I wish she could join me for milk and cookies.  xo

click here to follow 26 Acts of Kindness on FB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. All comments await moderation before showing in the post.