Friday, January 18, 2013

Purple Butterfly Kindness

26 Acts of Kindness
Act # 10 and #11

I maintain an image of something dear in all the misery of Sandy Hook.  I read that a child was found in the arms of a loving teacher, protector.  I keep this image in both my mind and my heart whenever Sandy Hook thoughts become too painful.

Dylan Hockley's favorite color was purple and I read that he told his family that he was a beautiful butterfly.
Today I would like to honor Dylan Hockley by doing something my nephews asked me to do.  I will leave $5.00 in each of two envelopes and  tape them to gas pumps.

Act #10
In honor of Dylan Hockley
(Although I can't help anyone fly like a butterfly, I can help them make their cars go! )


So, that image of a loving teacher holding a child had my brain trying to find inspiration in something where two things go together.  You know, like peanut butter & jelly, milk & honey, Fred & Ginger.  While running this through my head - I came to Good & Plenty...the candy!  So tomorrow I will leave a box of Good & Plenty with each of the envelopes with the $5.00.  

Act # 11
In honor of Anne Marie Murphy, Teacher
Sandy Hook Elementary School

I have no doubt that her love for her school family was both Good & Plenty.

Tomorrow I will bring my tape and attach the candy with the envelopes to the gas pumps.  (I have to pick up the candy first.)  I will try to take a photo when I get this done!

Thanks for visiting Piper Loves the Library.

If you would like to follow 26 Acts of Kindness on facebook - click here









3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so touching how you make every Act so personal for each person you are honoring. And thank you for sharing your creative ideas.

    (I, too, return to the image of Mrs. Murphy cradling Dylan at the end ...it's very powerful and I'm glad the Hockley family can receive just one ounce of comfort for knowing this)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting Piper Loves the Library and for taking the time to comment. Mrs Murphy and Dylan Hockley bring tears to my eyes and warmth to my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. All comments await moderation before showing in the post.