Friday, July 11, 2014

Gossie & her Flannel Friends

Let me tell you 'bout my best friends!




Okay, here's what you need to know...Piper and I consider these Olivier Dunrea characters to be among our very best friends!  We wish we created them.  This evening I got to put on my  Dunrea's, cap and draw these adorable, loving goslings to begin the process of making them in felt.  This is something I've wanted to do for a long time.

But the funny thing is...phone calls from friends and family kept coming in tonight and this project was delayed and delayed.  It makes sense...my sisters and my friends were calling and chatting  - I do like chatty days with friends!  Friends on the phone...friends on the table! I finally sat at the table, drawings are now done. The taping and cutting has begun. The big reveal will be next week...but look...just look at what's happening! 

 
And here they are in felt


Do you know Peedie?


....and this is Boo Boo with bubbles




Now look at this...the plot thickens!



Come back next week to meet Ollie


(hmm, wonder how Olivier Dunrea came up with that name?)

If you would like to learn about Olivier Dunrea, who just happens to love dogs, (obviously why Piper is so very fond of him and his characters), please click here.  And this is a fantastic page on Gossie and Friends and the Horn Book Cover 2008!  

 While you wait for next Friday, watch Gossie on Smartkids E Library  Very cool!   

P.S. (Piper Script): We discovered a beautiful family read aloud book.  I Love You Just Enough by Robbyn Smith van Frankenhuyzen.  It's a Hazel Ridge Farm Story,  please click to learn more.  What would you do if you found a duckling?  

Cover: I Love You Just Enough


Thanks for visiting Piper Loves the Library.  We love to read and we always read your comments.










1 comment:

  1. We love gossie and friends too! Love the post. Off to make our own!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. All comments await moderation before showing in the post.