Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Faxon Library remembers September 11th



Community art projects are part of what we do in our branch.  Piper and I love it, we invite it. 

Today with the help of paint chips from our neighbor, Sherwin Williams, we set up our memorial art project for September 11th.  



Somewhere in the midst of Summer Reading Programs I ran across the street for shades of pink paint chips and tossed them into a tub, labeled the tub Heart Project 9/11, and carried on with summer.  Last week, thank goodness, I saw the tub and was ever so grateful to realize that I had a plan. Amen to taking action when the idea strikes.    


I dream of a die cut machine but really, I'm good with scissors!  Years of practice cutting flannel.  And I have helpers, (thank you Joe!)  

I left the library early today - so here's the photo at 2pm.  The glue sticks are ready, there's a tea tin filled with paper hearts just out of the photo in the bottom right.  I am looking forward to seeing this piece when I return to the library on Monday.

We remember the victims of 9/11  ~ in our hearts ~  
and in our art.



And you know, every so often genius strikes...sometimes inspired by Mel's comments!  It's time to make something like this for the flannel board.  Thanks Mel for thinking and doing and providing a place for us.  Flannel Friday keeps us strong.

P.S.(Piper Script) if you like this post, you may also like these:


International Dot Day  - it's flannel!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. All comments await moderation before showing in the post.